Benchmarks & Client Cases
Quality Improvement in Discrete Assembly
• Over £200,000 cost of non-quality parts per year
• 744 hours dedicated to reworking each year
• High variability across the assembly tasks, resulting in outputs of differing qualities
• Ad-hoc resolution of non-quality incidents, with no permanent countermeasures being incorporated into the responsible process
• Lack of visibility of all the non-quality problems and their root causes
• Implementation of a Control & Detection system to identify non-quality incidents as soon as they occur and mitigate them - Non-Quality Matrix
• Development of Structured Problem-Solving capabilities at Team Leader and Group Leader levels
• Development of a "Stop Scrap" system that allows for the sustainability of the quality improvement activities
• 105 3C initiatives concluded in an effort to solve minor quality causes
The project had a Payback period of 3 months with annual savings surpassing £307,000.
Cost of non-quality parts reduced by 51%
Hours of rework
Hours of rework required to correct non-quality issues reduced by 33%
Get the one-page report!
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's consulting services?
We assist client teams in achieving great results by putting breakthrough paradigms into action.
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's training courses?
Kaizen Institute's distinctive training programme includes learning the theory and practice and gemba visits.