Benchmarks & Client Cases
Efficiency in Polymer Production
Production generated waste
• Lack of awareness of energy and sub-product waste
• A lot of waste generated by production department
• Recurrent equipment stops due to breakdowns, causing peak energy consumptions and scrap
• Variable chemical consumption between references
• Unknown causes of the main energy losses
• Each breakdown is treated as an individual event with no use of previous event data
• Product formula prepared based on operator experience and perception
Visual representation of critical equipment losses
• Visual representation of critical equipment losses
• Creation of a control chart with real-time data for process monitoring
• Improvement to processability of generated waste through equipment adaptation
• Redesign of energy circuits to eliminate redundancy
• Reengineering of product formulas to guarantee as little waste generated as possible and efficient use of raw materials
The project generated Annual Savings of £2.48 million.
Energy consumption reduced by 6%.
Waste production reduced by 14%.
Get the one-page report!
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's consulting services?
We assist client teams in achieving great results by putting breakthrough paradigms into action.
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's training courses?
Kaizen Institute's distinctive training programme includes learning the theory and practice and gemba visits.