Benchmarks & Client Cases
Efficiency in Process Industry
Impact measurement by utility
• Average water consumption of 19.4 m³ per tonne produced
• Average electricity consumption of 518 kWh per tonne produced
• Average of 1,6 non-quality incidents per day
• Excessive water use in certain circuits and lack of monitoring mechanisms
• Gradual increase of NaOH cost by 23%
• Lack of knowledge about the application of sub-products within internal processes
• Stoppages caused by incorrect sensor readings that leads to overconsumption at upon restarting
System for monitoring process data
Visual data for deviation analysis
• Optimisation of the use of recovered water and reduction of clogging
• Creation of a control chart with real-time data for process monitoring
• Planned shutdowns for preventative maintenance, with a focus on emission control and energy consumption
• Modification of maintenance stock management system and storage conditions
• Implementation of a tool to control processed solids, steam management and concentrator washing
The project generated Annual Savings of £7 million.
Electricity consumption reduced by 8%.
Non-quality incidents eliminated.
Water consumption reduced by 19%.
Get the one-page report!
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's consulting services?
We assist client teams in achieving great results by putting breakthrough paradigms into action.
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's training courses?
Kaizen Institute's distinctive training programme includes learning the theory and practice and gemba visits.